Thursday 10 March 2016

Meeting Rachel Caine

Last week I had the exciting pleasure of meeting Rachel Caine, the author of The Morganville Vampire series and The Ink and Bone series. This was such a great experience for me as I have never met an author before and Rachel Caine is one of my favourites.
Me and my friend drove down to the Waterstones shop that hosted the book signing and we were so excited! I could not wait! I was hyperventilating!

We got there early so looked around the shop for a while- (giving me time to buy Midnight Bites by Rachel Caine and Cinder by Marissa Meyer!)-and then we got in line to meet her.
We didn't have to wait long and so soon were meeting Rachel Caine!
She was so nice it was unbelievable! She signed two books for me (Glass Houses and Midnight Bites) and let us take some pictures with her. She was such a bubbly person and it was so great to meet her. I was so nervous, though. I was shaking as I went up to her and I went bright red- it was great!
Plus, we also got an awesome bag full of merchandise from the series. This was so great because, as this isn't a massively popular series, there isn't any merchandise that you can buy. We got some wrist bands, a badge, two bookmarks, a tote bag and we even got the first couple of chapters from her new book Paper and Fire which is the second book in the Ink and Bone series.
This was such a brilliant experience and I'm so thankful that I got the chance to meet her.
Thank you so much, Rachel Caine.

1 comment: