Friday 1 April 2016

April Fools Day Best Funny Books

In honour of Aprils Fools Day, I thought that I would make a list of my Top Five funny books. These recommendations are books that have funny characters, plots but mostly characters. In no particular order...


1. Can You Keep A Secret- Sophie Kinsella
Sophie Kinsella is such a popular author and this was the first book that I'd ever read of hers. It was so funny! This book follows Emma and, on a aeroplane, she spills all her closely kept secrets to a stranger. Or so she thought... The stranger ends up at her work placement and, well... things get awkward. It's such a quick and easy read and the embarrassment played through this book is easily laughable.





2. Hyperbole and a Half- Allie Brosh
This is the first graphic novel that I've ever picked up and I really enjoyed it. Allie Brosh is a blogger and illustrator and the book Hyperbole and a Half is collection of stories from her blog and fresh new content. Allie Brosh has such humorous stories and experiences. I love her blunt sense of humour and sarcasm that she favours. It made me laugh uncontrollably and is undoubtedly worth the read. It's a great pick-me-up book.





3. The Martian- Andy Weir
You wouldn't expect that this science-heavy sci-fi book would be all that funny but, trust me, it is. Mark Watney is a great protagonist and is hilarious. He really makes the book entertaining and enjoyable to read. He made me laugh countless times which is surprising considering the situation he's in. This book is about Mark Watney- obviously- and he is stranded on Mars when his team unknowingly left them there, thinking he was dead. Despite this predicament, Mark is such a joking character.





4. The Infernal Devices- Cassandra Clare
I had to include a Cassandra Clare character, I just had to. Out of all her characters, Mr. William Herondale, in my opinion, trumps everybody. He is funny, witty and has that gorgeous Herondale spark that everyone is obsessed with. He comes up with so many hilarious lines and I couldn't stop myself from adding him onto this list.





5. Since You've Been Gone- Morgan Matson
This book was funny in a cute and sweet kind of way. This book is about a girl called Emily who's friend goes AWOL. But, before she left, she gives Emily a list of things to do over the summer. This list takes Emily on a series of crazy adventures that changes the way she sees things. I loved this book and a specific character- Collins- made me burst out laughing with everything he said. One challenge in particular- prizes if you can guess which- made me laugh hysterically. It was such a nice book and really lightened my heart.