Saturday 9 April 2016

Book Blogger Confessions Tag




1. Which book, most recently, did you not finish?
Hold Me Closer- David Levithan
I barely started this before giving up. I didn't like the musical set up of it and I just wasn't grabbed by the story. Sorry...






2. Which book is your guilty pleasure?
The DUFF- Kody Keplinger
I will never feel ashamed for loving this book. Yes, the movie adaptation is kinda rubbish but I LOVE this book and forever will! It's so purely entertaining and brainlessly enjoyable. It's a great read to get out of a slump. (Ps- ignore the ugly cover. Get past that and it's amazing, I promise).







3. Which book do you love to hate?
The Raven Boys- Maggie Stiefvater
I do think I will try again with this book but, when first reading it, I didn't like it at all. I don't mind not liking it; I've made my peace with it. But having said that, I will be trying again with it. I'm a persevere type-of person, annoyingly.





4. Which book would you throw in the sea?
Torment- Lauren Kate
The title of this book describes it perfectly. The only thing I would hate about throwing this in the sea is that it's a beautiful cover.







5. Which book have you read the most?
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You- Ally Carter
It's a bit of a mouthful but this book is one that I've had for a very long time and is also one of my favourite series. Therefore, I have read it a lot- a lot, a lot. I've lost count. Is that bad?






6. Which book would you hate to receive as a present?
Any Vampire Diaries book by L J Smith. This is one of those instances when the TV show is SO MUCH better than the book series. I could never get into the books so I wouldn't really want them for my birthday.










7. Which book could you not live without?
Throne of Glass- Sarah J Mass
I've said this so many times but it's so good! It's a flawless series!








8. Which book made you the angriest?
Silence- Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush Hush- Book 3)
I really didn't like this book- it ruined the series completely for me.
SPOILERS AHEAD!
I hate plots where the protagonist loses their memory. It's cliché, over done and puts the story a whole step back. Whilst Nora is re-learning everything about angels and supernatural beings, the reader is sat there not getting any decent new content. We've already learnt everything about the world and so we get bored re-reading and re-learning what we already know! It's boring and makes the book drag!
Okay, Okay... Rant over...




9. Which book made you cry the most?
Soulmates- Holly Bourne
Every time I read this book, I prepare myself for a cry-fest. When getting to last few chapters of the book I will shut myself in my room, put The Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin on repeat and I will let myself have a damn good cry. (I'm not even lying).






10. Which cover do you hate the most?
Across the Universe-Beth Revis (Blob version)
I've only read the first book in this series and I thought it was okay but this cover... I don't even know where it is. It's a black blob. Who designed this? What was going through their head?
And if you compare it to the original... Why did they bother changing it? It was fine before!
Blob Edition
 
 
Epic Space Dystopian Edition (Original)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment