Tuesday 28 June 2016

June Wrap Up 2016

I read a total of ten book this month and no re-reads!! There are so many books that I need to read at the moment so it's impossible for me to have time to re-read anything, even if I wanted to. I read a great range of books this month so let's get straight into it.


The Winner's Trilogy- Marie Rutkoski
****
The Winner's Curse   The Winner's Crime   The Winner's Kiss
I started this month off by reading this trilogy back-to-back and, boy, did I love it. This trilogy was so mysterious, fascinating and gripping form the start. Despite me not being totally crazy for the ending, I liked this series a lot. I've done a whole series BOOK TALK for this trilogy if you want to see some of my more in-depth thoughts.





The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight- Jennifer E. Smith
***
After reading a whole trilogy of high fantasy, this book the best story I could've picked up. It was short, lovable and 100% adorable. Set over a 24 hour period, it's a short and sweet story of two people meeting and the pure luck of chance. Such a lovely book to fall into and it didn't take me long to read at all. I would definitely recommend it if you're in a book slump.
 

The Shadow Queen- C. J. Redwine
****
The Shadow Queen was June's 'Book of The Month' and I freaking loved it! I was on the verge of a 5/5 stars. It reminds me a bit of the movie Snow White and The Huntsman and if fantasy, romance and awesomeness takes your fancy- this book would be a good one to look into. I have a BOOK TALK up if you're interested in more info.






Lady Midnight- Cassandra Clare
*****
I finally got round to reading it and I bloody loved it!!! I sped through it faster than I would've thought and, by far, think that it's Cassandra Clare's best book yet! It was action-packed, fast-paced and any other raving review I can give it. I have a BOOK TALK coming soon so stay tuned- it's taking me so long because there's just so much to say!!!




The Night Circus- Erin Morgenstern
***
The Night Circus is book that I'd seen recommended a lot but just never got round to. Finally, I've read it and, as a whole, enjoyed it. Yes, there were parts that were maybe overly explained or confusing but it was generally easy to catch up on the storyline. It's a very mysterious book and it's so intriguing to try and figure out what's really going on. The magic is beautifully introduced and the circus is a place that would be stunning to visit.


The Whispering of Trees- C.Y. Bourgeois
**
I got sent this during the month and started reading immediately. It follows young girl Aggie who is a shaman. The story is her journey as she learns to accept, control and develop her powers as a shaman. But, obviously, it's easier said than done. Devastating things happen to Aggie and she struggles to deal with them and.. stuff goes down.
Overall, it was a good book. I enjoyed reading it and it was a very unique take on things that aren't written about often. I'll have a full BOOK TALK coming up soon.


Not If I See You First- Eric Lindstrom
***
I've been reading this at school for the past few weeks and was so surprised at the unique themes and tone of this book. I'd never read a book about a blind person and it truly opened my eyes (pun intended) to what it's like for them. Parker was fiery and cynical which I loved and it was so refreshing to read. I was a bit disappointed with the ending but it didn't spoil my overall love of this book.





This Is What Goodbye Looks Like- Olivia Rivers
****
I absolutely loved this book and cannot stop thinking about it! It was a quick and easy read full of romance, struggle and grief. It was a very honest and realistic story and it's easy to relate to the characters and feel for. The swoony guy in this (believe me, he is swoooony!) is blind and he was so amazing. I just find it strange that I've never read about a blind person before and now I've read two back-to-back.
I have a BOOK TALK that has a bit more description in the non-spoiler section as well as my more in-depth thoughts, so if this interests you, go check it out.



Thank you for reading! What book have you read this month- comment below! See you soon,
Chloe x

No comments:

Post a Comment