Saturday 23 July 2016

Allegiant Movie Failure? NEWS

There has been surprising news for the Divergent fandom! (Or predictable, depending on whether you saw it coming or not).
The fourth movie in the Divergent series has been rumoured to never hit the big screen. Due to poor viewings, profit and success, the final installment in the Divergent movie franchise, Ascendant, has been said to hit the TV for the final movie. It is uncertain that stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ansel Elgort and Miles Teller will be reappearing for the final movie.
However, a new TV spin-off series is being considered for the Divergent fandom.

Any thoughts on this?
The Divergent movies haven't exactly been outstanding but I honestly don't think the final movie would work without the same actors. And a spin-off? I don't know how that would work. I mean, weren't all the loose ends tied up in the Allegiant book...? How would they even continue that?
I understand that they're probably trying to replicate the Shadowhunters franchise. As we all probably know, the City of Bones movie was an extreme flop but the new TV series Shadowhunters has seemed to be a big hit (I wouldn't know yet- I haven't seen it).

For more information, I'll link the epicreads article here for you guys to have a look.

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts! See you soon,
Chloe




No comments:

Post a Comment