Tuesday 20 September 2016

Ignite Me- Tahereh Mafi BOOK TALK

* * * * *
Ignite Me is the third and final book in the Shatter Me trilogy and I have BOOK TALKs on both Shatter Me and Unravel Me which I'll link for you to check out!
This book was one hell of a finale. Personally, I loved it; it was the perfect balance of romance, action and drama- all tightly rolled up in Tahereh's beautifully poetic writing style.
This series has some amazing and loveable characters that completely make the book for me. They're funny, sassy, strong and my love for them knows no bounds.
I would definitely recommend this series if you like action, romance, super-heroes and dystopia.


SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
There have been so many books recently (no names...spoilers) where the 'evil' guy has fallen in love with the heroine and has just been misunderstood- allowing me to fall in love with them because of their redeeming qualities. (Though, I have loved Warner since the beginning).
Obviously, I am Team Warner (or should I say Aaron?) without a shadow of a doubt. Warner understands Juliette way more than Adam would and he accepts every part of her- even the not-so-nice parts. Adam only loved the quiet, shy girl that she used to be.

But, boy, did Adam throw a hissy fit when Juliette moved on from him! He was constantly moody, stroppy and didn't take the break up well at all. But when he put Juliette's hand on Kenji!!!! I was right about ready to punch him at that point- thank god Kenji did it for me. But seriously that was a jerk move!
As we're on the subject of Kenji...
As my favourite character, Kenji was a half of my two favourite relationships. The first being the friendship between Kenji and James- it was the sweetest thing! Kenji was always missing the kid when he wasn't there and their cute little conversations made my heart so happy.
The other friendship being between Kenji and Juliette. Through the books, Kenji has a been big support beam for Juliette and he always loyally helps her through her problems and is someone she can always go to and not be judged. Every time they referred to each other as 'best friend' I had a huge smile on my face.

I was a bit disappointed with the end fight with Anderson because I think it was too brushed over and rushed. Not much was really explained- why was she so affected by that new weapon?- who was that man with Anderson? It was all a bit quick and I don't think it did the book justice.
However, I'm just glad (and astounded) that everyone lived. I was convinced that Kenji would die and I was not ready to prepare for that possibility. I was terrified that either Kenji or James would die and the sense of relief was overwhelming when they didn't.
The ending was perfection. Juliette has finally turned into the person we've wanted her to be the entire way through. It felt so completed and satisfying even if I could've read on forever.

Thank you so much for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts down below. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment