Saturday 28 January 2017

January Birthday Bookish Haul 2017

This month it was my birthday so I got significantly more than I usually get. I'll get straight into the haul so that this post doesn't go on forever...
In addition to all the amazing gifts I got, I received a hefty amount of book gift cards that add up to an amazing £85. I'm pretty sure that everyone is terrified of buying me books due to me being 'picky' about their condition, so everyone gives me money to spend on books instead. Added to the Christmas book vouchers I got that I haven't yet spent, I have a lovely sum of £125 to spend on books!!!!!

BOOKS



The Rest of us Just Live Here- Patrick Ness
I actually didn't receive this for my birthday but from Kaitlin over at Liber Amoris as she had a double. I've been meaning to read this for ages so, thank you!!!!!








The Tales of Beedle the Bard- J.K. Rowling
My brother got me this and I'm so excited to read it. My Harry Potter collection is growing and I'm pretty sure it'll never stop.



 



Never Fade- Alexandra Bracken
I received The Darkest Minds at Christmas so I'm thrilled to now have the sequel!!
In The Afterlight- Alexandra Bracken
And I now have the whole trilogy! I can't wait to read them all back-to-back. I've heard such great things about this series.








Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone- J.K. Rowling (Stunning Illustrated Edition)
One of my best friends Kaitlin (Liber Amoris) gave me this for my birthday and I'm so thankfull!!! I love it so much and it was such a thoughtful present. I've already flicked through some of the illustrations and it just makes me want to read it- which I will soon!!







A Monster Calls- Patrick Ness
My friend Kacey got me this book for my birthday and it's great! I've wanted to read this for so long and there's a movie out of it now so...I best get a move on.








The Lunar Chronicles Colouring Book
This is the second colouring book to my collection and I'm so excited for this one. As soon as I saw the first page, I knew I needed it because I was mentally colouring it in and deciding how it would look. I loved this book series and there are so many characters and fantastic things to colour in this book.




DVDS


Allegiant
I watched this last year and...liked it. I've got the previous two DVDs so wanted to complete my collection. I'm not sure if 'Ascendant' is even going to happen but we'll see. I would say that, if you haven't watched these movies but are thinking about it, completely separate them from the books. I repeat: they do not follow the books!
I have an Adaptation Talk which I'll link here if you'd like to read it.   





The 5th Wave
I also watched this last year and generally liked it. It swerved a little from the book but I could still appreciate it as a movie. I'm not sure if any sequels are being made but, as a whole, it was a good movie.
I have an Adaptation Talk which I'll link here in case you missed it!





The Vampire Diaries Season 7
TVD is my favourite TV show on earth. Yes, I hated the books but the show is amazing. This was the first season without Miss Elena Gilbert's presence but it was good!! I liked how the show adapted to such massive change. Season 8 is currently airing- the last season ever- and I'm so sad to see it go but agree that it's gone on as long as it could've.
 



 
OTHER
Colouring Pencils
Along with my new colouring book, I have a snazzy set of 36 colouring pencils specifically dedicated to these books.
Personalised Pen

As it was my 16th -sweet sixteen!!!- my cousin so nicely got me a personalised pen which I love because I'm obsessed with stationary.


I had such a great birthday and thank you to everybody who got me such lovely presents!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

1 comment:

  1. READ A MONSTER CALLS!!!- (make sure you have lots of tissues)

    ReplyDelete