Friday 24 February 2017

The Walking Dead 1x04 'Vatos' TV TALK

And I thought that this was going to be a boring episode.
Boy, was I wrong.
Going into it, it was cool- it was fine. We had a mission going on, a weirdly unhinged Jim back at camp and we were having a stand-off with a scary but care-y group. At that point, it wasn't my favourite episode and it was simply average.
Then...
The end happened!!! It scared the life-long crap out of me and I literally screamed at the TV. It was horrific.
In short: this episode was amazing.


TWD 1x01 TV TALK  |  TWD 1x02 TV TALK  |  TWD 1x03 TV TALK

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
I found Jim to be hecka creepy through this episode. Even when he wasn't all aggressive due to 'sun-stroke', he kept looking at the kids weirdly and his whole demeanour just unnerved me.
I have to say, Daryl grew on me in this episode. He had a bit of a temper-tantrum at times but he made laugh quite a lot- and that's what counts. We had a bit of conflict with another group in this episode over weapons but...in the end it was quite a bit of drama over nothing. Turns out, this group of thugs actually runs a care home for the elderly! Sure!
Watching the camp get attacked was terrifying and heart-breaking. The children were so scared and everyone was so panicked! I was shouting at the TV screen (I'm sure the TV is sick of the verbal abuse by now) and jumping up and down in panic.
I can't imagine what I'd be like in that situation but... it wouldn't pretty, that's for sure. I was panicking just now and I was safe and sound with the curtains shut, in complete darkness, just watching this disaster play out.
The first theory that comes to mind is that Merle- the heartless bastard- took the van with a truck load of Walkers in the back and took them to camp to get back at them for leaving him behind. I mean, Rick literally says 'Merle. He's going to be taking some vengeance back to camp,' when they find out the vehicle's missing. Merle could easily have trapped some Walkers and driven them to camp. I don't know why but I can see Daryl reluctantly shooting Merle in the future for the camp's own good or something. That's my initial theory and I'll just have to see if I'm right on that one.
But seeing Amy get her arm chomped on!!! On the day before her birthday- that's tragic! I kept shouting for them to kill her, though- she's going to come back as a Walker at some point so they may as well just chop off her head now to save her the pain of becoming one.
Such a good episode and not too long until the season finale!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment