Wednesday 14 June 2017

The Liebster Award 2017

What Is It?
'The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.' -The Liebster Award Blog

I was so kindly nominated by Sofia over at Book Inklings- I'll link her amazing post here for you guys to check out! Thank you so much for nominating me!

Rules 
I've taken these from the Liebster Award Blog and have summarised the rules a bit but you can go here for more information on it.

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog- include it in your posts and/or displaying it using a widget or gadget (you can find the logos on the Liebster Award Blog linked above).
3. Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog and provide links (mine is below).

4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional).
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
6. List these rules in your posts. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Libester Award and provide a link top your post and The Liebster Award Blog.
8. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you and leave another 11 questions for the people you have nominated.

Favourite Blog 
I know I'm very, extremely biased, but I have to go with Kaitlin over at Liber Amoris!!! She's one of my closest friends so I'm always super excited when she posts an update.
Aside from Liber Amoris, I'll go with A Daily Cloud because I love Atlas' posts and her writing style is super easy to read. I love seeing her favourites every month and it's a very-well run blog! She has a very similar reading style to me so it's great to be able to receive so many recommendations for things- not only books but TV shows, movies, music and other things! (Atlas is also super nice).

Ten facts about me

    1. My favourite authors are Jennifer L. Armentrout and Sarah J. Maas. If I was ever in a room with both of them in... I think I'd faint. Or throw up.
    2. I play mediocre piano.
    3. I'm going to be studying Media Studies, English Language and Sociology in college this September.
    4. As well as writing novels, I love writing poetry and actually have a massive collection of all my poetry over my life (most are very depressing, though).
    5. My three favourite TV shows in existence are (in order): The Vampire Diaries, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, The Walking Dead.
    6. My favourite colour is black. I'm not a goth but I just like the depth and simplicity of the colour black.
    7. My favourite season is spring.
    8. My favourite place in the world is New York (cue Alicia Keys!!!).
    9. I know the entire Hamilton soundtrack off by heart.... I can even rap Guns and ships. (Hamilton the musical, I'm talking about if you have no clue).
    10. My favourite accent is an Irish accent. I'm British but that's just boring- I could die happy listening to a soft Irish accent.

Answering questions
These were the questions that Sofia over at Book Inklings asked for me to answer! Let's get to it!

1. What author or book/series got you into reading?
For me, it will always be either The Soul Screamer series by Rachel Vincent or the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. I read these books years and years and years ago and they still remain some of my favourite books. I read before these books but never at the addicted fangirl level I am now and it's all down to these books.

2. What music do you like to listen to when you read?
That's a tricky one for me; it changes depending on the book, what mood I'm in and what music I love at that moment. Usually it will include some of these artists which I can highly recommend and will link Youtube playlists on their name: Imagine Dragons, You Me At Six, Switchfoot and ZZ Ward.

3. If you could ask an author to write your book, who would you choose? 
Well, ultimately the dream is to become an author myself one day but, for any reason I couldn't write one, I'd want Jennifer L. Armentrout to write my book. She's one of my favourite authors and her books are always extremely funny, action-packed, kick-ass and have many fit guys in. It'd be a win-win situation.

4. Pirates or Ninjas? 
Totally ninjas, though I have no idea why. They're just cooler I guess (though I'd make an exception fort Captain Jack Sparrow).

5. If you could give all your books to someone or several people, who would they be?
I'd never want to part with my beautiful babies but... I suppose I'd give them to Kailtin over at Liber Amoris because, as well as being like my best friend, I know she'd take care of them.

6. Cats or dogs?
CATS!!! I feel like cat people are severely outnumbered by dog people in this world and something needs to change! I have a beautiful cat called Belle and I wouldn't trade her for any dog in the world.

7. How has reading changed your view of the world? 
Wow... that's a loaded question.
Every book gives me a different insight or opinion on so any important subjects and situations going on in the world- reading is invaluable and it's completely opened my eyes on how we all perceive the world.

8. What if I told you, that we were actually in a book?
I'd demand to sneak a peak at the ending. That's just the type of person I am- I hate the unknown.

9. Who's your OTP?
Like one? Only pick one?
Tod + Kaylee (Soul Screamers)  
Delena (The Vampire Diaries)  
Feyre and spoiler-if-you-haven't-read-ACOMAF-you'll-know-who-I-mean-if-you've-read-it ;) (A Court of Thorns and Roses)

10. Books or movies?
Books, Anyday. You get to know the characters more, you know? And the story arc and character growth is so much more complex and beautiful!

11. Who you gonna' call? 
I feel like the right answer is Ghostbusters but I've never seen it so... my mum. I'd call my mum- I love my mum *shrugs*.

My nominees 
Lark and Lily
Ammie's Book Obsession
Kariny's Book Frenzy
World of a Bibliophile
A Daily Cloud


My Questions for Nominees:
1. If you could co-write a book with any author, who would it be?
2. Spell your name in book titles. Eg. Chloe: Cinder, Half-blood, Lament, Obsidian, Everything Everything
3. Name a book with your favourite colour on the cover.
4. What's your most anticipated release still to come this year?
5. What is your favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
6. If you had the choice, would you be a vampire or werewolf?
7. Name a fictional couple that you didn't think should end up together.
8. What is the first book that made you cry?
9. What would your spirit animal be?
10. What is your favourite childhood book?
11. Aliens or zombies?

Thank you so much for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I feel so loved!!! I would happily take your books and look after them....in fact you can bring them round tomorrow if you want :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! We are so honored that you chose to nominate us! We will start working on our post right away and we will publish it as soon as possible. Thank you!
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete