Sunday 6 August 2017

Game of Thrones 2x04 'Garden of Bones' TV TALK

This was such a promising episode- a very nice and subtle plot progression. We had a great selection of characters appearing in this episode and a lot happened. And that cliffhanger.... it was perhaps the weirdest and creepy one I've seen.




TV TALKS: 

Season 1:  1x01  |  1x02  |  1x03  |  1x04  |  1x05  |  1x06  |  1x07  |  1x08  |  1x09  |  1x10
Season 2:  2x01  |  2x02  |  2x03


SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
We start off with Robb leading an attack on the Lannisters- he's not wasting time unlike a lot of the others seem to be doing. Robb meets Talisa- a girl that he instantly took a liking to and... I just want to slap some sense into him! Don't go off with any other girls when you've made a deal with Walder Frey to marry one of his daughters! I have no doubt we'll see Talisa again.
Over to Baelish, he was acting a bit suss around Margaery- he totally knows about Renly and Loras but I can't see how! This guy has a super reliable source of information.
Baelish then goes straight to Cat, admits his feelings and gets thoroughly rejected. Poor bloke. He tries to convince Cat to trade Jaime for her daughters but... I don't know if she'll do it or not. Finally, as a peace offering, Baelish gives Cat Ned's remains on behalf of Tyrion.... because Tyrion's a decent guy.
And I love Tyrion.

He stops Joffrey from hurting Sansa which I appreciate but Sansa still tells him that she's loyal to her 'one true love, Joffrey.' I know she's lying and I want her to tell Tyrion the truth but... I understand her decisions. She doesn't trust the Lannisters so wouldn't be too trusting of Tyrion, either, which is fair enough under her circumstances.
Tyrion then goes on to send Joffrey a couple of whores. Bad move! Bad move, Tyrion! Joffrey makes them hurt each other and it's painful to watch. Prior to watching this episode, I was saying that I wanted to watch more Joffrey and... I suppose I got my wish. I don't like the guy but, you have to admit, he's damn entertaining.
We had another brilliant glimpse of Tyrion's genius because.... he's so clever! He twists Lancel into admitting his sexual relations with Cersei and then uses it against him to force him into spying on Cersei for him. It was subtle and brilliant and I loved it! Tyrion is such an undervalued character- he's just as important and epic characters like Daenerys or Jon.
Talking of Daenerys, we have an alliance on the table... even though it was a close call.
We headed to Qarth to meet with the thirteen and... I don't think Khaleesi understands the concept of being completely vulnerable. She has no food or water or.. anything other than dragons which she can't even feed and she's threatening possible allies and promising their deaths? Calm down, Khaleesi! Tone it down a tad.
If it wasn't for Xaro Xhaon Daxos (I'll just call him Daxos), I don't know where Daenerys would be. But Daxos pledges to look after Daenerys and her Dothraki horde. Hopefully, Daenerys can actually complete all her murder promises now after a bit of TLC.
We see quite a bit of Arya who is now in Harrenhal where one prisoner is killed a day. When it's Gendry's turn, he miraculously (and conveniently) gets saved by the arrival of Tywin Lannister. Tywin instantly identifies Arya as a girl (seems quite impressed, actually). He then makes her his new cupbearer. So, Arya's now entering enemy territory... effectively walking straight into the Lion's den. (Ha ha).
Finally, we have Stannis Baratheon. After a quick confrontation with Renly he instructs Davos to take Melisandre ashore in order for her to give birth. And, man, was that a weird scene. What the hell did she give birth to?!?!?

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments: