Wednesday 16 August 2017

Games of Thrones 2x06 'The Old Gods and the New' TV TALK

I really enjoyed this episode. It was fast-paced, action-packed and any other hyphenated praise I can think of.

TV TALKS: 

Season 1:  1x01  |  1x02  |  1x03  |  1x04  |  1x05  |  1x06  |  1x07  |  1x08  |  1x09  |  1x10

Season 2:  2x01  |  2x02  |  2x03  |  2x04  |  2x05




SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
Let's talk about Theon first so we can get him over and done with.... I really dislike Theon.
Theon has now taken over Winterfell because he's a traitorous little idiot! He got a bit carried away with being intimidating to the people of Winterfell and ended up killing Ser Rodrik. Now, I don't give two hoots about Rodrik but it almost brought me to tears when Bran was sobbing and begging for Theon to stop. Theon did it anyway. *internal screaming*

I'm happy that Osha slept with Theon so that she could sneak Bran, Rickon and Hodor out. I hope she keeps them safe- I'm growing to like her more.
Over to Robb *heart eyes*... he talks a bit more to Talisa which you just know is going to end in heartbreak. Cat's finally returned and Robb sent Bolton's son over to take back Winterfell which will be awesome!
One of my favourite characters is Arya and I love every scene she's in because she's so damn feisty! She's currently Tywin Lannister's cupbearer and I honestly think he likes her! I think he respects her and enjoys her company.
But I nearly had a heart attack when Baelish came in. The scene was so intense and I was dead still when watching it because I didn't want to tempt fate or anything. And I still have no idea whether Baelish knows it's her or not! He looked suspicious but who knows what could happen?
Arya almost gets caught stealing a letter from Tywin but luckily we have Jaqen H'ghar on our side (I still have no idea how to pronounce that- it's hard enough to spell). He kills whoever we want and Arya is miraculously let off the hook!
Up north of the wall, we have Jon Snow in a bit of predicament. When attacking a group of Wildlings, Jon hesitates to kill the girl and now he's split off from the rest of the Night's Watch. I totally don't mind, though, because I love Ygritte. She sassy, fierce and makes laugh so damn much.
I'm not sure Jon knows what to do with her, though.
Daenerys also isn't having the greatest time in Qarth. Everyone rejects her negotiations to take a ship to Westeros and now all the Dothraki are dead while the dragons have been taken. Who the hell is behind this!?
Now, I've saved the most entertaining plot point for last because.... Joffrey may be an evil little tyrant but he is entertaining. You have to give him that. It's hardly a redeeming quality but we'll go with it.
Joffrey is getting verbally harassed by 'his' people in King's Landing because they're starving and a bunch of other reasonable complaints and then (dun dun dun) we get the final straw... Joffrey's hit on the head with mud!! So, naturally, Joffrey freaks out and demands that everyone is executed. I can't help but laugh at the things Joffrey does. I think Tyrion sums it up perfectly:

'We've had vicious kings. We've had idiot kings. I never thought we have a vicious idiot for a king!"

And this lovely point was served with a good ol' slap as well. God, I love Tyrion. 
I know Sansa isn't my favourite character of all time but I feel sorry for the girl. During this big debacle, Sansa is so close to being raped before the Hound rescues her. I really like that Sansa is confiding in Shae but I can't wait for her to stand up for herself and fight back a little more- I know she has it in her.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment