Saturday 7 October 2017

Game of Thrones BOOK TAG

I don't why I haven't done this sooner. Game of Thrones has quickly become one of my all-time favourite shows and I couldn't resist doing this Book Tag.

NO SPOILERS 


1. Arya- A character that's all about revenge. 
Feyre- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Especially at the beginning, Feyre is hell bent on revenge. She's trapped with her enemies but will make the most of that by taking them down and it's so epic and empowering! I love who Feyre grows to be in this trilogy and it was so entertaining!
A Court of Wings and Ruin Book Talk



2. Varys- A book featuring political intrigue 
The Winner's Curse- Marie Rutkoski
This is a fantasy read but there's a lot more politics than battles in this one. Normally, I'm not a fan of too much politics but, in this book, it works. The protagonist, Kestrel, isn't strong physically like all these heroines in YA but smart and sneaky and clever in the way she navigates her way around. I did love the first two books of this trilogy but I will say that last one has my biggest pet peeve and ruins the whole thing...
The Winner's Trilogy Book Talk

3. Joffrey- A villain you just love to hate
The Vampire Diaries Villains (TV shows.... not books)
This TV show has some of the best villains ever; Katherine, Klaus and Kai... They're all bad-ass, hilarious and as sassy as anything. These villains I truly do love to hate- they have great backgrounds and reasons for why they are what they are and it also helps that they're super entertaining.
TVD TV Talks


4. Jon Snow- A coming of age story
Me Before You- Jojo Moyes
The protagonist, Lou, grows a lot through this book and, while it's definitely a tearjerker, there's a lot of strength and growth in her and the other characters. There's a lovely character arch and Louisa is a beloved character for many people. (Plus, I couldn't resist putting a picture of Jon snow next to Emelia Clarke aka. Daenerys Targaryen).
Me Before You Book Talk 


5. Jaime and Cersei- A ship you just can't get behind
Thomas and Brenda- The Maze Runner series by James Dashner
This one is always a tricky one to answer because I like most ships... I'm kind of a pushover that way. But I've never liked Thomas with Brenda- I'm Teresa all the way. And, yes, she betrayed him but she had to do it in order to save him! Are you telling me you wouldn't keep your loved ones safe even if it meant risking them hating you? You'd rather see them die? Have a little compassion for Teresa!
Also, I don't really like Brenda so.... there's that.


6. Lady Olenna- A kickass older character 
McGonagall
These two are so sassy and amazing...imagine them meeting... it'd be epic.



7. Daenerys- A book featuring dragons
Empire of Storms- Sarah J. Maas
I know they're technically Wyverns but I honestly haven't read another series with dragon like creatures!!
The more I think about it, the more similarities I can pick between Daenerys and Aelin- they're both bad-ass women with a strength of fire.
To talk TV shows, I'd go with Merlin which was one of the best shows ever created... and there was a dragon in it.
Empire of Storms Book Talk

8. Sansa- A character you grew to love
Warner -Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
I could've mentioned a certain character in ACOMAF but.... I mention him way too much! A similar character would be Warner from the Shatter Me series. When reading the first book. I hated him (or... loved to hate him). But as I progressed, I really empathised with him and quickly fell in love. I can't wait for the addition in the Shatter Me series as I want to see more of him! He's such an interesting character!
Shatter Me - Unravel Me - Ignite Me Book Talks

9. Melisandre- A favourite magic system
Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling
You can't argue with Harry Potter. I'm pretty sure everyone would answer this the same way. Of course Harry potter is the best magic system- who doesn't want to go to Hogwarts?


10. Tyrion-A character whose weapon is their mind
Cress Darnell- Cress by Marissa Meyer
Cress is the most intelligent little hacker ever! I love her so much and can totally admit that she'd never win anything in a physical fight. But she's the smartest chick around instead. I love that she's not physically strong but can prove herself in other ways- it really shows how physical strength isn't always the most important thing.
I think her and Tyrion would get on well.
Cress Book Talk


I tag anyone who wants to do this tag- spread the love!
Thanks for reading! feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment