Thursday 4 January 2018

Most Anticipated 2018 Releases

2018 is going to be an amazing year because there are so many great releases lined up over the course of the year. I'm going to break down my most anticipated releases into books, TV, movies and more...
This is a mega long post because there's just so many great things in store for 2018!!!

BOOKS
A Court of Frost and Starlight (ACOTAR #3.5)- Sarah J. Maas
This was obviously going to be my most anticipated book for the year. This is the first in a few spin-off books following the characters from the ACOTAR series. This book is set after ACOWAR and I'm so excited to see all the backlash of what happened and how my favourite ever characters are coping.

The Prophecy (Titans #4)- Jennifer L. Armentrout
This is the finale of the Titan series by one of my favourite authors in the entire world. The Titan series is a spin-off from the Covenant series and they are all absolutely fantastic. The story is gripping, the characters sassy as much as they are kick-ass and the prose is hilarious! These books are so entertaining to read and I'm super sad this is the end of this world.

Restore Me (Shatter Me #4)- Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me was only supposed to be a trilogy so I'm thanking my lucky stars that another instalment has been announced for 2018. I love Juliette, Warner and Kenji and am so pumped to see them again in this next book. I don't know much about what the next book's about but I've read a teaser and it's hilarious so I have very high expectations. I think Restore Me is actually the first in a spin-off trilogy following these characters (similar to what Sarah J. Maas is doing with the ACOTAR trilogy) and all I say is; the more the merrier.
Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3)- Cassandra Clare
It's the finale and it's going to be epic!! I can't wait to see how this trilogy wraps up and, as we all know, Cassandra Clare is the best at writing an epic finale.

Save the Date- Morgan Matson
I have a real soft spot for Morgan Matson's contemporary books and, even though I have no idea what this one's about, I'm excited to get to it.

(Further Sarah J. Maas speedround) 


Catwoman: Soulstealer- Sarah J. Maas
Even though I'm Team Marvel, I'll read this simply because it has Sarah J. Maas' name on the front. It's that simple.

Throne of Glass #7- Sarah J. Maas
It's another finale!! (Honestly, this year is going to break my heart). While I much prefer the ACOTAR series, I'm still pumped for this finale. Though, I still haven't read Tower of Dawn...

The World of Throne of Glass- Sarah J. Maas
This sounds like such a cool collector's book and I can't wait to learn more about this world. Sarah J. Maas creates such complex and intricate worlds and this is going to be the encyclopedia of all things epic!


TV AND MOVIES
Avengers: Infinity War 
I am counting down the days for this movie because it is going to be epic! We have the biggest Marvel villain ever and a million different Marvel heroes set to appear. I'm so excited for the Avengers to meet the Guardians of the Galaxy and I think it'll be the best movie of the year.

Black Panther  
I can't say that Black Panther is my favourite of the Avengers (no one can stand next to my Tony Stark) but I still can't wait for this to come out in February. It will just about keep me going until Infinity War comes out.

Ant-Man and the Wasp
I'm so pumped for this movie!! I think Ant-Man in maybe one of the most underrated superheros because he sounds super pathetic but he's actually super awesome. I'm so pleased he has a sequel with the added addition of the Wasp!

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 
I haven't even watched any of the X-Men movies but I'm still adding it onto this list because I plan to watch the others before this comes out in November. Plus... it's Marvel so I have to mention it. I'm also excited because these movies have some great actors in it (aka. Sophie Turner who I absolutely love!)

The New Mutants 
This is another Marvel movie coming out and it looks a little similar to X-Men but for a younger group. The trailer looks great- super eerie and horror-like- and it also stars Maisie Williams which instantly makes it better in my book.

Deadpool 2
Again, I haven't even watched the first Deadpool but I will soon because my brother loves it and it's Marvel, Godsdammit!! (Can you see a correlation in this section of movie releases?)

Venom 
And the finale Marvel movie is a spin-off of Spiderman set for a November release. I loved Spiderman Homecoming and I'm interested to see how they deal with the origin of his biggest enemy.


Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
I watched the first Jurassic World earlier last month and loved it. Chris Pratt is a great actor and the trailer for this film looks amazing.

Ready Player One
I haven't yet read the book but I will before this movie releases in March and I'm interested to see how it's translated into film.

The Death Cure
This is the finale movie to the Maze Runner series and... I'm not holding very high expectations. I think it'll be enjoyable but I'm not counting on it to be too faithful to the books... though a certain heart-breaking death has basically been confirmed in the trailers and only book fans will understand what's in store...

Love, Simon
This movie will be based on the book Simon vs. the Homo-Sapiens Agenda which I still haven't read but will try and get to before the movie (I'm saying that a lot, aren't I?) It also stars that generic YA movie actor (also in The 5th Wave and Everything, Everything).

Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again 
I'll admit, I was a bit sceptical when I first heard about this sequel but, now that I've watched the trailer, it looks quite good. It isn't about what I thought it'd be but I'm looking forward to seeing from these characters again and getting to know more about them.

Marry Poppins Returns
This is only on the list because I have a massive love of Lin Manuel Miranda (creator of Hamilton: the Musical) and he stars in this movie. That's basically it.

Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald 
It feels like a huge wait to this movie but I'm sure it's going to be astounding. Every Potterhead is counting down the days until this movie is released and we can be thrust back into the world of wizardry.

The Darkest Minds
I'm not 100% sure this is a thing but apparently it's coming out it 2018 and has already cast actors like Gwendoline Christie. This movie would be an adaptation of Alexandra Bracken's book, The Darkest Minds, and, if this is indeed not just a rumour, I'm super excited about it. I just hope it doesn't get instantly bashed because it's YA, dystopian and a trilogy.... trust me, it isn't the Hunger Games. Or The Maze Runner. Or Divergent.

To All The Boys I've Loved Before 
This is another one I'm not 100% on (the internet can tell you awful lies) but if it's true, I'm ecstatic! The more I think about, the more I think this book (by Jenny Han) could be translated really well into a film. I just pray they do it right.... if it even happens- lots of books optioned for movies don't follow through.


Westworld Season 2
And finally, the one TV show I'm excited about in 2018 is Westworld (sad times that Game of Thrones is 2019). Westworld Season 1 was absolutely breath-taking and it's painful waiting for the next series. There's going to be a two year gap between each series which is beyond agonising but I completely understand because the plot lines are so complex and impossible to predict.


OTHER

Hairspray Musical 
Me and my mum are massive theatre lovers and we go to a few smaller shows every year and this year, Hairspray!! The last time we booked this was years ago and I wasn't able to go in the end so I'm excited to actually see it this time in January. Hairspray is one of my favourite musicals and I love an excuse to spend some time with my mum.

Hamilton Musical West End
I've mentioned it before but I'm so excited for Hamilton in 2018! I was lucky enough to get West End tickets to see it in April and I am counting down the days. It may not have the original cast but it's going to be flawless.

Portsmouth Comic-con
This isn't a guaranteed thing I'll be doing but this is the first year that Portsmouth is doing a Comic-con and I've convinced my brother to join me in going because we're both mega-Marvel fans and need to go to a Comic-con. I really hope I end up going because it would be my first convention and it would be right around the time of Infinity War's release which means Marvel morale is going to high and epic! One day I will end up at London Comic-con, though.

Isle of Wight Comic-con
This is another hopeful event but I'm pretty sure my brother wants to go to this convention so I'll find a way for me to tag along. At least I'll get a lot of good blog content from these events.

Wicked Musical 
And finally, for a Christmas present, my parents got me, my brother and my mum tickets to watch Wicked. It's not at West End or anything but I'm still looking forward to it as I'm a fan of the musical.

Overall, this year is going to be epic!! I've never been so excited for a year and I don't think there's ever been as many great releases within one year. 2018 is going to be great fiction-wise and I can't wait to see what the year will bring.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- what are you looking forward to most in 2018? Stay amazing!
Chloe

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing list! Oh my gosh, I am PUMPED for so many of those movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list, I can't wait for all these movies to come out either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like all my money is going to be spent on cinema tickets this year... but I'm totally sure it's worth it.
      xx

      Delete