Saturday 20 January 2018

Taylor Swift BOOK TAG

I'm in a major Taylor Swift kick at the moment and, as always, I'll jump on it and get some decent blog content out there. There's a lot of controversy over Taylor's new music but, generally, I quite like it though I do prefer her older songs.

1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together- pick a book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with.
Shiver trilogy- Maggie Stiefvater 
When I first read this trilogy, I really liked it. But now, Maggie Stiefvater is far from my favourite author and all her books drag for me. It's just my opinion but I find her books a little dull and slow. Sorry but we are never ever ever getting back together.

2. Red- pick a book with a red cover.
Heartless- Marissa Meyer
Paired with a little black, the red in this cover is gorgeous and it it such a beautiful cover for a beautiful book. Heartless is an origin story for the notorious Queen of Hearts and it's a genius twist on fairytales- Marissa Meyer's speciality.

3. The Best Day- pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic.
Gallagher Academy series- Ally Carter
I first read this series so many years ago and it will always remain one of my favourites because it was vital in kick-starting my love of reading. These books are so much fun and it was the first series I completely flew through. The characters are funny, cool and kick-ass and they were such an influence to me growing up.

4. Love Story- pick a book with forbidden love.
Soulmates- Holly Bourne 
This is another of my all-time favourites and Holly Bourne is no doubt one of my favourite contemporary authors out there. This entire book's premise is about the idea that being with your soulmate is forbidden and could be the end of the world as we know it. It's such a compelling read and, I swear, I sob every time I read it, so invest in some tissues if you ever pick this book up (which you totally should).

5. I Knew You Were Trouble- pick a book with a bad character you couldn't help but love.
Sebastian Morgenstern 
Even though he's the villain, I really love his character. He's such a complex and deep person and he was just so entertaining!

6. Innocent- pick a book that someone ruined the ending for.
The Fault in Our Stars- John Green
There was so much hype surrounding this book that it was hard not to get spoilt. To be fair, I knew the book would be spoilt because I went to see the movie first... oops.

7. Everything Has Changed- pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development. 
Celestine- Flawed duology by Cecelia Ahern
This is a really underrated duology and Celestine's character development is superb. She goes through so much in these books and seeing her grow because of them is so empowering and you're rooting for her from the very start. Her transformation is astounding and it makes the story all the better.

8. You Belong With Me- pick your most anticipated book release.
A Court of Frost and Starlight- Sarah J. Maas
I tried really hard to get through a tag without mentioning the Queen of Fantasy but I can't blatantly lie about what book I'm looking forward to most! ACOFAS comes out in May and I am counting down the days to reunite with my favourite characters of all time. Originally, this was supposed to be  small novella but it's been announced that it's now a 400 page book (which, let's face it, we all saw coming because... it's Sarah J. Maas. The woman's a typing machine).

9. Forever and Always- pick your favourite book couple.
Straying from the obvious one I always say (aka. ACOMAF couple), I'll go with something different.
Katy Swartz and Daemon Black- Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Katy and Daemon are one of my favourite fictional couples because they're just perfect for each other. Katy is feisty book blogger and Daemon is an cocky alien with an unflinching protectiveness over his family... what's not to love?

10. Come Back, Be Here- pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much. 
Again, straying from ACOMAF
Glass Houses- Rachel Caine
I'd pick Glass Houses simply because it's personally signed by the author from when I met Rachel Caine and that's priceless to me.



BONUS QUESTIONS

11. Teardrops On My Guitar- pick a book that made you cry a lot.
Blood for Blood- Ryan Graudin
I distinctively remember reading this book and it will always go down as one of the books that's made me cry the most. I sobbed for a good 40 minutes and struggled to read the last 50 or so pages of the book because all the words were blurred. Great book but devastating.

12. Shake It Off- pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters.
The DUFF- Kody Keplinger
This was a tough pick because I'm pretty in with the crowd and love books that everyone else happens to love. But... the DUFF does get the occasional criticism when I absolutely love it. There are many people who thinks it's 'meh' but I love this story so much and can easily say that Kody Keplinger is one of my favourite contemporary authors.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts and I tag whoever wants to do this tag! Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments: