Tuesday 20 March 2018

Agent Carter 1x03 'Time and Tide' TV TALK

This episode was a lot better and I'm enjoying this show so much! It's quirky, gripping and has spot on humour that makes the whole show. Peggy is such an empowering woman and stands up for herself which was even harder in this time period. I love being able to see her journeys after Captain America and it beautifully proves that you don't need a man to kick ass.

Cap mentions: 1

TV TALKS
Season 1:  1x01  |  1x02

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
We started the episode at Peggy's new residence which is a lot stricter than I thought it'd be- a girl got kicked for a boy round?! How the hell is Peggy going to stay there? I also loved the opportunity to see more of Angie because I love the girl- she's so funny!
The SSR had found Stark's number plate in the previous episode, so their first point of call was Jarvis. I absolutely love Jarvis- he took being taken in for questioning like a champ! He has such a subtle humour. They bring up a file on him that they have for an act of treason which stumped Peggy and made her doubt him but... Jarvis always has a solid explanation.
To be honest, the honourable reason for Jarvis committing treason kind of went over my head so I chose to ignore it. Jarvis is loyal and amazing. That's all I need to know.
Once Jarvis is allowed to go, him and Peggy search Howard Stark's vault to look for any clues that may help them figure out who stole all the weapons.
Using a clue from the vault, they quickly figure out that Stark's weapons are hidden on a boat and they find them all there. We have a really nice fighting sequence with Peggy showing just how bad-ass she is. And even Jarvis got the chance to prove himself.
After they dealt with the immediate threat, Jarvis made an anonymous call to the SSR to tell them, of the located Stark weapons (brilliant American accent, by the way, Jarvis).
The SSR come and collect the weapons and I don't mind that Daniel was the one to get the credit- he's a nice guy and (predictably?) going to be Peggy's love interest.
The other SSR guy, however, is off taking the witness that Peggy had knocked unconscious away and got shot in the process. To be honest, I didn't particular care that the ass agent got shot- I didn't even care enough to remember his name...
We finish the episode with a calmer demeanour where Peggy and Angie have a nice talk. I love the bond and trust they're beginning to grow and I want Angie in it more!!

Overall, it was a good episode and it moved the plot forward nicely.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment