Saturday 31 March 2018

March Wrap Up 2018

I read a lot this month and then some... and I mean a lot. I didn't watch as much but I'm super pleased with how many books I ploughed through- a record number of 14 books!!

BOOKS
Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms #6)- Morgan Rhodes
* * * * *
I started the month by finishing off the Falling Kingdom series and, boy, was it satisfying. Everything tied up beautifully into this epic finale and I even sense a spin-off series coming following characters' children... which would be amazing and I can't wait to see where it takes us into this world!
Book Talk coming soon!

Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda- Becky Albertalli (Book of the Month)
* * *
This was mine and Kaitlin's (Liber Amoris) book of the month for March and I quite enjoyed it. It's certainly a quick and cute read but don't go jumping into it expecting lots of depth and philosophical meaning- it's not quite a John Green book. But still, I enjoyed it and can't wait to see the movie adaptation.
Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda Book Talk

Control Freakz- Michael Evans (ARC)
* * * 
I was sent a digital arc of this book in exchange for a review and it was so good! I was very impressed with the story (the author's 15 years old!!!) and I'm totally jealous because I'm an aspiring author at 17... looks like I've already reached my peak. Nevertheless, this was a great book and I will be posting a full non-spoiler review soon!

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires #1)- Rachel Caine (Re-read)
* * * * *
And then... I decided to re-read a favourite series of mine. I first read the Morganville Vampires series when I was around 10 years old and going back to these books brings me so much nostalgia! But I am super sad that I'm now older than the protagonist... I feel old. I fell into each and every one so easily with a massive grin on my face the entire time. I love these characters so much and their progression through the 15 book series (15 books!!!) is stunning.

Dead Girl's Dance (The Morganville Vampires #2)- Rachel Caine (Re-read)
* * * * *
And I continued with book 2...

Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires #3)- Rachel Caine (Re-read)
* * * * *
And then book 3....
  
Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires #4)- Rachel Caine (Re-read)
* * * * *
Book 4....

Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires #5)- Rachel Caine (Re-read)
* * * * *
Book 5.... is this getting repetitive yet?

Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires #6)- Rachel Caine (Re-read)
* * * * *
And let's not forget book 6....

Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires #7)- Rachel Caine (Re-read)
* * * * *
And then I present to you.... book 7

Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires #8)- Rachel Caine (Re-read)
* * * * *
And then book 8.... who saw that coming, huh?

The Return (Titan #1)- Jennifer L. Armentrout (Re-read)
* * * * *
And then.... I paused reading the Morganville Vampires because JLA's new book The Prophecy came out so I just had to jump on it. I wanted to re-read the first three books in the series first so everything was fresh in mind. The Titan series is a spin-off series of JLA's Covenant series so you'd have to read them first but it's so worth it! The Covenant is just as good (if not better in my opinion...) and the characters and plot will fill your life with everlasting joy. Trust me. I wouldn't lie.
The Titan series is a New Adult series compared to the Covenant series being Young Adult so it's safe to say that these Titan books are a little.... steamier. Which isn't surprising considering the main character it follows.

The Power (Titan #2)- Jennifer L. Armentrout (Re-read)
* * * * *
I jumped straight into the next book and loved it just as much as the first couple of times I read it. This is a particularly great book in my opinion because we get long awaited reunions and all the character dynamics are gold.

The Struggle (Titan #3)- Jennifer L. Armentrout (Re-read)
* * * * *
This was the last book I'd read in the series before reading the finale for the very first time. I love this book so damn much and this is my favourite in the series so far (but I still have the finale to go so that'll soon change, no doubt). The character development in this series is stunning and, in a weird way, I'm so proud of these characters and how much they've been through, survived and grown.
The Struggle Book Talk



MOVIES and TV
Agent Carter Season 2
* * * * *
While we started it last month, me and my brother finished season 2 of Agent Carter this month and it was great!! Season 2 was such a step up from season 1 and I'm gutted they discontinued the series! That means we'll never discover the outcome of that killer cliff hanger at the end of this series!!!!! They need to pick this series up again because it's the best!

The Blind Side (Re-watch)
* * *
We watched this in my Media class to analyse a bunch of stuff that won't interest you but I have watched it once before- in a Citizenship class, studying things that won't interest you, I'm sure. I liked this movie a lot more watching it a second time round and it was obviously nicer to watch in lesson when we would've been writing essays instead... silver linings.

Gifted (Re-watch)
* * * * *
I was in the mood to watch a movie and I just happened to stumble upon this one... again. I think this was the fourth time I've watched it and it gets better and better to me all the time. It's such an amazing story with amazing acting and I just love it so much! It's definitely on my list of favourite movies of all time. But, I'll warn you, it's a tear jerker.
Gifted Movie Talk

Thor: Ragnarok 
* * * * *
The Thor DVD came out this month meaning me and my brother went straight out to buy it so we could watch it along with consuming a Dominoes pizza... it was glorious. This is without a doubt the best Thor movie there is- it was funnier, faster and more entertaining. And it just about tided me over to wait for Infinity War...

Guardians of the Galaxy (Re-watch) 
* * * * *
Because Marvel is my life (along with my brother's) we forced our parents to watch GotG. We'd always been referencing this movie (a lot of 'I am Groot's are exchanged between me and my brother) so our parents relented and agreed to watch it... I don't think they loved it (my dad actually snoozed half way through) but I don't even care because this movie is fantastic!

Awkward Season 1 (Re-watch) 
* * * * *
I first watched Awkward ages ago but I was in such a mood to re-watch it! Sometimes all you want to watch is cheesy, easy and funny entertainment so Awkward was a perfect fit. Me, my mum and my brother watch it together and...man, I love this show so much! The episodes are all around 20 minutes so it's easy to binge watch a whole season in a short space of time.

The Greatest Showman
* * * *
I may be a little late to the craze but I'm here now and that's all that matters. Me and my mum went to the cinema to finally watch it and I'm so glad we did. Watching this film for the first time just has to be done in a cinema to get the full experience. I loved each and every song and the cinematography was just beautiful!!! I can tell this will become a favourite for me and I'm currently listening to the soundtrack in an overly obsessive way.
Movie Talk coming soon!

Awkward Season 2 (Re-watch) 
* * * * *
We continued to re-watch Awkward and... I just love it. It's such a guilty pleasure but so damn entertaining. I appreciate it's not the most insightful and meaningful show but it's light-hearted, funny and feel good which is just about everything I need right now.


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe






2 comments: