Tuesday 26 January 2016

Bookish Pet Peeves (Part 1)

Book Pet Peeves (Part 1)

One of my biggest bookish pet peeves is.... COVER CHANGES! Now, this is only allowed if the new covers are better than the old and when I haven't yet bought any of the books. Otherwise, it's just irritating.
Believe it or not, we ALL judge books by their covers. Admit it!
We all do it; don't be ashamed. The truth is, when we see a beautiful book on the book store's shelf, we are more likely to go towards it and pick it up. Fact. We are more likely to buy a stunning book as opposed to an ugly book. Fact. We'll be more interested in pretty books than we are in disgusting books. Fact.
So, when a series has a nice collection of covers and they suddenly change the covers FOR THE LAST BOOK, it annoys the hell out of me! My books will then not match! They will look awful! They will not look like a series! It breaks my heart to see them on my shelf alongside each other, but not looking like they have any relevance to each other at all! It is saddening! Why do publishing companies do this? (This is a rhetorical question; I understand that they do this to gain a bigger profit).
As you may have gathered, I am a book perfectionist. I love the aesthetics of a book almost as much as I love the inside. My bookshelf is beautiful and when this particular problem occurs, it messes everything up!
Examples- The Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout- This is an amazing series by one of my favourite authors in the world. However... the book covers changed with the last book! My series does not match and it truly dis-heartens me.

If you guys have any weird (or perfectly justified) bookish pet peeves... Comment them! I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. It really bugs me when books in a series are different heights. Example: Dorothy must die and the wicked will rise by Danielle Paige. I don't know what height the third book in the trilogy is yet!

    ReplyDelete