Thursday 24 March 2016

March Book Haul 2016

This is my first book haul on this blog and I'm going to be telling you what books I bought this month. March was a great book buying month (depending on how you look it) and I really did allow myself to buy lots. It's an addiction, really... I have a problem.
There's many books so let's get started.



The Power- Jennifer L Armentrout
This book was released in February and I had to get my hands on it so much that I pre-ordered it. But, just my luck, Amazon decided to screw my order up so I didn't get it until now! This book is one of my most anticipated book releases this year and it's the sequel to The Return. This series is a spin-off series to the Covenant series which is one of my favourites. I would definitely recommend reading the Covenant series first but you can go into this without. These series are about descendants of Greek Gods and basically about how they freaking kick-ass! It's so good and I can't wait to pick this up!







Half-blood- Jennifer L Armentrout
Talking of the Covenant series... This is the first book in The covenant series and I was appalled that I didn't own this so I went out and got it! This was the book that started my obsession with Jennifer L Armentrout and I'm so thankful for that.









Sentinel- Jennifer L Armentrout
To keep this running streak going... The fifth and final book in the Covenant series! I needed this book to finish off my collection, so I picked it up along with Half-Blood. Plus, these covers are stunning! They look so good on my shelf!




Midnight Bites- Rachel Caine
I got this book when I went to meet Rachel Caine! This book is a collection of short stories set in the much loved town of Morganville. The Morganville Vampires series is a 15 book series but don't let that scare you! I know it's intimidating but it is so good! This compilation of stories sends us back to old characters and takes us on extra adventures with our favourites.
I've already read this and it was outstanding! It was nostalgic, entertaining and felt like coming home. It's well worth the read. (But, obviously, I don't recommend it if you haven't read the Morganville Vampires series).




Cinder- Melissa Meyers
The Lunar Chronicles has had so much hype recently and I'm really pumped to start the series. These books are fairy tale retellings told with sci-fi twists. Obviously, the first book, Cinder, is a Cinderella retelling. This really intrigues me and, when I'm next in a retelling mood I will go straight to this series.







The Rosie Project- Graeme Simsion
Honestly, this was an impulse by as it was only £1 and I'm a sucker for a deal. I don't know much about what this book is about but I'm interested to read it. I usually get into a contemporary mood in the summer so that's when I'll most likely pick it up.










Good Girls Don't Die- Isabelle Grey
This is another book that I got for a steal and the title grabbed me from the start. Thrillers are my guilty pleasure and I really wanted to read more of the genre. This book seemed very mysterious and gripping so I picked it up to give it a try.






Marley and Me- John Grogan
I picked this up primarily because I've watched the movie and I didn't even realise that there was a book! The guilt washed over me and I decided to finally read it; better late than never, right? I know it will be a sad read but I'm excited to pick it up.





Poison Study- Maria V Snyder
I 've heard a lot about this series and a lot about this author. These books seem really cool- I don't much about them, granted- but still, they look awesome. I'm excited to read them to see what all the fuss is all about.




Fire Study- Maria V Snyder
Being the clueless person, I got this book thinking that it was the second instalment in the series. Wrong! It's the third which is so incredibly annoying. So, hopefully, as soon as I get the second book, I'll be able to jump into this series.






Lady Midnight- Cassandra Clare
This book is probably one of the most anticipated books of the year in young adult. This book came out in March and, being a Shadowhunter myself, I had to get one. Lady Midnight follows a pair of parabatai, Emma and Julian, and, obviously, as it's a Cassandra Clare book, stuff goes down. I can't wait to get to the book as so many great reviews have already been declared. It's a giant book but I will power through. (Not that I think it's going to be hard to read).





World After- Susan Ee
End of Days- Susan Ee
These are the last two books in Susan Ee's Angelfall trilogy. Honestly, I don't even have the first book but when I saw these beautiful books on sale I knew I had to get them. I have no self-control, I know, but frankly I don't care; they look so good! All I know about this series is that there are angels so I'm going in pretty blind. I've heard quite a bit about this trilogy so am excited to see my thoughts.



Broken Sky- L A Weatherly
This is the last book in my March haul and I'm really interested in the potential for this book. I've read L A Weatherly's Angel trilogy and I loved it so I'm pumped to get into her newest series. This world sounds so intriguing and I can't wait to speed through it.






That's it for my March Book Haul. I indulged myself a bit this month and struggled with self-restraint- (14 books!)- but, trust me, it won't be like this every month- I'd be broke if it was like this every month!
Thanks for reading. I'll see you in another blog soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment