Wednesday 27 April 2016

April Book Haul 2016

This month was another good month in terms of getting lots of books. I got a total of twelve books. I started off the month so well and by the end... I'd just accumulated so many books without even realising the amount!

Ink and Bone- Rachel Caine
Ever since meeting Rachel Caine, I've wanted to buy and read all her books and this one is her newest series about a great library. You could say it spiked my interest.







We Were Liars- E. Lockhart
Every couple of months, me and my friend pick a book that we will both read and then we discuss it when we've both finished, (kind of like a private book club). This month we chose We Were Liars and I didn't have that book so it gave me the perfect reason to buy it. (Check out my BOOK TALK at http://forever-fictional.blogspot.com/2016/04/we-were-liars-e-lockhart-book-talk.html )








Scarlett- Marrisa Meyers
Cress- Marissa Meyers
I bought these books together as I've been wanting to collect this series for so long and I decided to finally knuckle down and get it. Only Winter to go now!







Trust in Me- Sophie McKenzie
This was one pound in the charity shop so I had to get it. I've read many Sophie McKenzie books in the past and I want to get up to date on her newer releases.





When We Collided- Emery Lord
This book was an April release that I'd been anticipating so, obviously, when I saw it at Waterstones, I had to get it. I don't know much about this book but I know it's a romance so I'm excited to get into it.









The List- Siobhan Vivian
I haven't heard anything about this book and I just got it on a whim because it looked good. Every September at school two girls are picked from each year group and are put on a list that is posted to the whole school. One of the girls is judged as the prettiest whilst the other is labelled as the ugliest. This premise really interested me and it looks similar to 'The DUFF' and other Kody Keplinger books which I love. I feel like I'm slowly stocking up on contemporary books as, in the summer, I always get a craving for them. (I have since read it. Check out my BOOK TALK at http://forever-fictional.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-list-siobhan-vivian-book-talk.html )



The Shadow Queen- C. J. Redwine
I've heard a few things about this book and it's all been good. I do have a soft spot for retellings and this story looks perfect for it. It seems dark and mysterious and very much sparks an interest in me. I don't know much about the actual storyline but I don't really want to know much. I want to dive into the book and see what surprises await me. (Plus, the cover is gorgeous!)






Carry On- Rainbow Rowell
Carry on is a spin off book of the much loved book Fangirl. In Fangirl, the protagonist Cath writes fanfiction on a story called-you guessed it- Carry On. This is the actual story that Cath writes fanfictiomn on. I heard that it was sort of a retelling of Harry Potter which really intrigues me. I've also heard that there are many references to Harry Potter which really excites me.





Extraordinary Means- Robyn Schneider  
I haven't heard much about this book but the synopsis intrigues me. This story follows Lane, a boy who is sent to Latham House- a boarding school for sick teens. It follows his experiences and sounds as if a little romance is included. As the blurb says, "A darkly funny story about true friendships, ill-fated love and the rare miracle of second chances." I'm looking forward to reading it.





The Jungle Book- Rudyard Kipling
Surprisingly, I have not yet read this classic of a book. But I saw this beautiful cover and knew that it was better late than never. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to read it soon, especially as the live action movie adaptation had recently come out.






Mr Jekyll and Dr Hyde- Robert Louis Stevenson
This is the original Jekyll and Hyde story which sparked so many retellings and twisted versions that I can't even count. I'm annoyed that I haven't read this book sooner and I'll be aiming to read it in the near future. (Plus, the cover matched my other classics... I couldn't resist!)





That's all the books I got this month. I feel like a I got a good mix of genres and I'm looking forward to reading them!
Thanks for reading. See you soon,
Chloe



No comments:

Post a Comment