Saturday 30 April 2016

April Wrap Up 2016


Rapture- Lauren Kate (Re-read)
*
I painfully finished this series this month. I wish I'd never re-read it because it's really ruined it for me. Re-reading highlighted so many errors in the series and I still don't like how the series ended! No spoilers but it always makes me feel like there was no point in reading the whole series. A disappointing ending to say the least. (Sorry, if you like this book. This is just my personal opinion. If you love it, that's great- I wish I did).






To All The Boys I've Loved Before- Jenny Han (Re-read)
*****
This book is the cutest, most adorable book out there! The story follows a girl called Lara Jean who, every time she falls in love, writes a letter  to that person, holding nothing back. She seals the letter, addresses them and keeps them in a teal hatbox- never sent. But one day, they get sent out. And a lot of embarrassing events follow... But it's so good! I'd definitely recommend it- it's a quick and entertaining read.





PS. I Still Love You- Jenny Han (Re-read)
***** 
Having re-read the first book, I had to read the second. It is such a great sequel and lives up to the first in every way. I had so much fun re-reading this book and it gave me all the feels!!!





The List- Siobhan Vivian
***
I did enjoy this book as I found the concept to be very relevant to todays society and it sent a really important message. The book is about teenage labels and how they can affect people's lives- good and bad. To see my full BOOK TALK go to:
http://forever-fictional.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-list-siobhan-vivian-book-talk.html




We Were Liars- E. Lockhart
*****
We Were Liars was mine and my friend's book club novel this month and all I can say is that we both really enjoyed it! It's such a powerful read and, personally, I would go straight into it without knowing much. To read my full BOOK TALK go to:
http://forever-fictional.blogspot.com/2016/04/we-were-liars-e-lockhart-book-talk.html

We Were Liars- E. Lockhart (Re-read) 
*****
I loved this book so much that as soon as I finished it the first time, I picked it up straight away. With this type of book, I found it completely beneficial to re-read it and I even wrote a FURTHER BOOK TALK that you can check out at:
http://forever-fictional.blogspot.com/2016/04/we-were-liars-further-book-talk.html





Ink and Bone- Rachel Caine
***
I did like this book however I did think that it was bit slow to begin with. I didn't have much time to read so finished this in a week but that didn't affect my enjoyment of it. The world is so interesting and I think that there is still so much we can learn about this society. Jess was a great main character but my favourite character was Morgan- she was so cool.





I didn't read as much as I'd originally wanted to this month but, in my defence, I was very busy this month and am starting to get lots of school work that keeps getting in the way of my reading! My reading time is also significantly shortened because, every day, I have a set amount of words that I like to write of my own book. This takes up a big chunk of my free time which, unfortunately chips into my reading. Still, I'm hoping to read more next month, especially with May half-term coming up!
Thanks for reading. See you soon,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment