Friday 6 May 2016

Harry Potter Spells Tag

1. Expecto Patronum- A childhood book connected to good memories
Hetty Feather- Jacqueline Wilson
I always loved Jacqueline Wilson as kid- she was my favourite author- and this, by far, was my favourite of her series. I don't know how many times I read it. A lot.

2. Expelliarmus- A book that took you by surprise
Wolf by Wolf- Ryan Graudin
I'd picked this up because I'd heard a few good reviews and the plot seemed intriguing but I was not expecting what came at me! This book was so much better than I was expecting and I was so pleasantly surprised! I would recommend it to everyone.

3. Prior Incantato- The last book you read
I have recently finished The Book Thief and very soon will be posting a BOOK TALK so stay tuned! (I gave it ****)

4. Alohamora- A book that introduced you to a genre you had not considered before
The Host- Stephanie Meyer
I'm not a massive fan of Sci-fi. I don't read it that much but I really enjoyed this book. I know it can also be classed as dystopian but it is sci-fi too! I think this book is very underrated and I think more people need to read it. Yes, it's big and can look a bit daunting at first but get through the first few chapters and you'll be off.


5. Riddikulus- A funny book you've read
I've Got Your Number- Sophie Kinsella
Sophie Kinsella's books always tend to be hilarious so this shouldn't be that much of a surprise. To check put more of my favourite 'funny' reads check out my Top 5 Funny Books at: http://forever-fictional.blogspot.com/2016/04/april-fools-day-best-funny-books.html

6. Sonorus- A book you think everybody should know about
Soul Screamers series- Rachel Vincent
This is, personally, one of my favourite series and I think it's completely underrated. I mean, have you heard of it? No? I didn't think so. But this series is so awesome! It features banshees, demons and very sexy grim reapers... what more could you ask for? This was a series that seriously got me into reading and please go and read it right this second!

7. Obliviate- A book or spoiler you would like to forget having read
Mockingjay- Susanne Collins
Two specific deaths... Enough said.

8. Imperio- A book you had to read for school
Noughts and Crosses- Malorie Blackman
I had to read this Year 8 and it was actually a really good book. It's a story about discrimination and equality and Malorie Blackman deals with the subject effortlessly. Her ideas and warped reality are really interesting and it was a great read.

9. Crucio- A book that was painful to read
Silence- Becca Fitzpatrick
This is the 3rd book in the Hush Hush series and it really went down hill from here. No spoilers but I don't like it when this type of plot twist is introduced as it just makes the story boring and monotonous. I know I've said this before but I just need to vent!

10. Avada Kedavra- A book that you could kill (interpret as you will).
We Were Liars- E. Lockhart
This book ruined me!!! (But I loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment