Tuesday 20 December 2016

December Book Haul 2016

Surprisingly, despite it being December, I still managed to buy more than a few books...oops. I figured I'd do a bit of an early December book haul and then an X-mas haul as well... just so that these posts aren't ridiculously long. Enjoy!



Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Original Screenplay)- J.K. Rowling 
As soon as I'd watched the movie, I rushed straight out to buy this beauty and sped-read it in one sitting that very night. It was glorious! I have a Book Talk up (linked here) if you missed it and also have an Adaptation Talk (linked here) on the actual movie! I'd 100% recommend reading it!





Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy- Cassandra Clare & Co.
While I was at dear old Waterstones, Tales from a Shadowhunter Academy caught my eye in all it's hardback, massive glory and I thought that I'd treat myself with it. I don't know when I'll get to reading it but I still have to read The Bane Chronicles yet....the shame! This book is an assortment of short stories, similar to The Bane Chronicles, about Simon mainly I believe? Apparently it's a good book to read before Lady Midnight but I haven't so...it's not essential.



 

Illuminae- Amie Kaufman + Jay Kristoff
I've been hearing so much hype on this book series so when I saw it for super cheap at a school book sale, I jumped for a chance to read it. It looks super unique and interesting and I can't wait to get into it. It's a sci-fi comprises of only letters, emails, texts etc. which is such a intriguing concept!








The Fever Code- James Dashner
I'm so excited to read this book. The Fever Code is a prequel novel to The Maze Runner following Thomas when he was making the maze. I'm super happy because I've always shipped Thomesa (Thomas and Teresa) and I'm really pumped to see what their relationship was like before the maze.






Three Dark Crowns- Kendra Blake 
I've seen quite a lot about this book (mixed reviews) and, while I already have an ARC, the cover was just too beautiful to resist. I'm interested to see what my opinion is of it and I'm in the mood for some fantasy so this book is perfect.






George- Alex Gino
The concept of this book intrigues me so much and one of my friends has read and enjoyed it so I thought I'd give it a try. It's not a long book by any means and has the biggest font ever so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to speed through it quickly. This book deals with some heavy subjects but I'm sure it will enlighten me lots which makes me really excited.






Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment any books you got in December! Stay amazing!
Chloe

1 comment: