Tuesday 31 January 2017

January Wrap Up 2017

A good start to the reading year this month! Well... start as one means to go on, I suppose.

November 9- Colleen Hoover
**** (4.5 stars)
While I technically finished this on the 31st December, it wasn't included in my December Wrap Up so I'm adding it in now.
I loved this book so freaking much! It was cute, funny and so much more thoughtful than I was ever expecting it to be. I've heard a lot of hype about Colleen Hoover and, now that I've read one of her books, I can safely say that she deserves every good review she gets.
I have a Book Talk which I'll link here in case you missed it.




Angelfall- Susan Ee
***(3.5 stars)
I got this book for Christmas and decided to jump straight into the series. It gave me The 5th Wave vibes and it was a quick and enjoyable book.
I have a Book Talk for this as well which I'll link here if you want to check it out!






World After (Angelfall #2)- Susan Ee
***
I was a bit disappointed with this sequel- it was slow, unsatisfying and nothing much seemed to actually happen. It may've simply been because I didn't have much time to read but this book really dragged for me and I didn't enjoy it quite so much.
I also have a Book Talk about this book so, if you want to know my more specific opinions and spoilers, I'll link it here for you to see.





End of Days (Angelfall #3)- Susan Ee
***(3.5 stars)
The finale of this trilogy was... okay, I suppose. It wasn't as bad as the sequel and, though it took a while to get into it, there were some really good and gripping action sequences. I liked how some of the characters fleshed out in this book and the ending was mostly satisfying with one of those miracle and unrealistic endings. Oh, well.
Book Talk will be up soon but I'm severely behind.





Ignite Me (Shatter me #3)- Tahereh Mafi (Re-read)
*****
I was in the mood to re-read a favourite so badly and I had the urge to read a bit of Juliette- but mainly for Warner. I skipped to the third book in the trilogy simply because it's my favourite and the best things happen in this book. I love how romance orientated this book is- I'm a sucker for romance- but it has the political and action element nicely blended in. I would always recommend this series if you haven't read them already.
Book Talk linked here!



Untitled- Chloe Harris
I couldn't resist adding this in because it's technically a book that I've read!!!
This is my own novel that I've read through this month and I've recently started editing. So far, so good!


November 9- Colleen Hoover (Re-read)
*****
Don't look at me like that, okay? The last time I read this book was last year so I'm perfectly entitled to re-read it. In all seriousness, this book was so so so so good and I just had the overwhelming urge to read it....so I did. I also increased my star rating of it because I realised that I'd been all too harsh the first time around. Book Talk linked here!






The Sun Is Also A Star- Nicola Yoon (Book of the Month)
***
Yes, it was a tad bit insta-lovey but what's a Nicola Yoon book without marginal insta-love? Plus, I've just read November 9 so I can't complain much about insta-love.
I liked this book- especially how it explored so many different perspectives. I also liked the philosophical feel to the book but, overall, it was an average book for me. It's had a lot of hype that I don't think it's completely lived up to but, as a whole, it was enjoyable.
Book Talk up soon!




Shadow of a Girl- Shannon Greenland (Re-read)
*****
Again, I was in a re-read mood and I picked up one of my favourites from last year. I think I got the urge to read it after re-watching the psychological thriller movie Sleeping With The Enemy and it reminded me of this book so I decided to read it. Simple.
This is such an amazing and underrated book that I definitely think more people should read.
Book Talk linked here!




Quiet Power: Growing Up An Introvert in a World That Can't Stop Talking- Susan Cain
****
This is the first self-help book I've ever read but I enjoyed it a lot. It took me a while to read but that's because it had a lot of content and was generally quite dense. It was such a relatable book and actually made me feel proud to be an introvert.
I think it's a very interesting book for younger people to read- it's extremely useful.
As I read, I made notes and underlined sections and quotes that I liked in it which I think is a very good way to single out thoughts and ideas that you can relate back to yourself and your own situation. Very helpful. Book Talk up soon!
 

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment what you read this month! Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment