Friday 22 December 2017

Book Adventures with Kaitlin!

Yes, I'm holding a Sarah J. Maas book... because you wouldn't expect any less of me. 
















Like the book geeks we are, me and Kaitlin (Liber Amoris) went book shopping! What a strange and unusual thing for two book bloggers to do, I know! And, of course, we had to document it because we're desperate for content and it'll be nice to look back at these kind of things when we're older... plus, it's fun.

First stop was the book shops (obviously). We went into the Works where I picked up the Poison Study series that I'm actually currently reading (they were too beautiful to say no to!) and Kaitlin picked up Wordplay. We then went to WHSmith and had a great time waiting for a deserted aisle to take photos and trying to balance my phone precariously on bookshelves and putting a timer on it to take a picture. (Important note: remember to turn your phone on silent so it doesn't beep really loudly in the middle of a quiet shop and make both subjects jump like hell.)
















We then went to the mother of all UK bookshops... Waterstones! We looked at each and every bookshelf in there and then tried to convince each other why we should both buy dodie's new book, Secrets for the Mad (turns out, we're shockingly bad at stopping each other from spending our money on books. Who would've thought?).















After our busy time of shopping and lugging around heavy books, we decided to have a bite to eat in a cafe like the sophisticated young women we are. We debated for a long time where to go but ended up at a place called Stones because there was a waiter that led us to a table and we were too chicken to leave again. Nevertheless, it was a lovely place and we got some nice sandwiches (egg for Kaitlin and sausage for me) and, of course, a good ol' cuppa tea. We're living the dream, I know.

And finally after our quick break, we headed over to the library because, why not? And, it turns out, that was the best stop of the day. We invaded the kids section and had so much fun because there are so many great photo opportunities! We also attacked the blackboard with shameless self-promo because that's how we roll. I even plucked up the courage to ask a staff member to take a photo of us because shattering teen stereotypes and getting excited over a library is what we like to do best.











Overall, it was a great day and it was so nice to spend a bit more time with Kaitlin. I will soon put all of these photos into my gallery (and maybe more!) but it may be a while because it takes a lot of time to create.
Kaitlin has also written a post of this day which I'll link here for you to check out!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

3 comments:

  1. I love your editing!
    Having another lovely bookshop adventure today... definitely not clear how big bookworms we are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I know exactly how you feel with not wanting to leave the cafe situation, haha. It's happened to me too. I follow both of you, so I'm off to read Kaitlin's now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was kind of awkward but at least it wasn't a terrible place :-)

      Delete