Thursday 24 May 2018

Breakfast BOOK TAG

I saw this tag over on Clockwork Bibliotheca's blog and it looked super fun so I just had to do it!
I tried to pick lesser known books because I always seem to mention the same books over and over again (*cough* ACOMAF *cough*) so I'll try and include a bit more variation.
On with the tag!

1. Sunny Side Up- A book that just makes you happy every time you read it.
All Laced Up- Erin Fletcher
All Laced Up is a super quick and easy read that just makes you feel light and happy after reading it. From the very beginning, I knew I'd love it because it contains a nice collection of things I love: romance, ice hockey, Hamilton references!! It was like a one-way ticket to my heart. I go to simple and easy books like this when I'm feeling particularly overwhelmed or emotional because, books like these are the equivalent of a nice, warm hug.

2. Crispy Bacon- A couple that has a sizzling romance.
The Return- Jennifer L. Armentrout
I really tried to pick books that I don't always talk about but... no book does sizzling romance better than the Titan series. JLA is one of my ultimate favourite authors and her romances are all amazing and her male characters are all inexplicably swoon-worthy. The Titan series, specifically, is rather raunchy because, while a lot of JLA's books are Young Adult, the Titan books are New Adult which allows a super sizzling romance to play out.

3. Maple Syrup Pancakes- One sweet moment from a great book.
If I Die (Soul Screamers #5)- Rachel Vincent
I'm not going to spoil anything but there's a specific scene that was the sweetest thing ever and then every single scene between a certain two characters continue to be the most adorable and swoon-worthy romance ever. The scene I'm talking is a first kiss scene (no names, no spoilers) because it's the nicest and most heart-warming thing ever! I love this series so much and this couple is definitely one of my ultimate OTPs.

4. Scrambled- A book that confused you.
The Last Star (The 5th Wave #3)- Rick Yancey
This series is a hot mess. And it's sad because the first book is so good but the others just don't live up to it. The plot gets super and unnecessarily confusing and complex and, honestly, I can't even remember much of what happened because my brain didn't have enough space to store such useless information. I feel like this series had so much great potential but the author began to include too many subplots and twists that it just ended up being a jumbled mess.

5. Full English- This novel has a little bit of everything.
Angel trilogy- L. A. Weatherly 
It's been a long time since I read this trilogy but all I remember is that I really loved it. It has a bit of fantasy, action, romance and realism which I think qualifies it pretty nicely for this question. It's definitely on my re-read soon list because it's been way too long and I think this series can appeal to so many people.

6. Quiche- A favourite book translated from a different language.
Diary of a Young Girl- Anne Frank
I'm gonna steal Shayna's answer for this one because this is actually the only translated book I've ever read. I've always been a massive fan of Anne Frank's tragic story and I loved reading her diary. For a teenage girl, Anne was so wise and inspirational and this book definitely motivated me a lot.

7. Hash Browns- It might be bad for you, but who cares?
Beautiful Disaster- Jamie McGuire
I struggled with this question but decided to go with Beautiful Disaster because I really enjoy the book even though I know it's got a lot of issues. It's a romance book but the relationship it follows is actually really unhealthy- bordering on abuse and stalking. But, while I can recognise it's an unhealthy relationship, the book is still kind of addictive and I re-read it lots anyway. I don't know what that says about me but there you go.

8. Pizza- A book that breaks the cliché.
Am I Normal Yet?- Holly Bourne 
I struggled with this question but decided to go with Am I Normal Yet? because it's not your typical mental illness story about someone with OCD. It defies all expectations and give a real and gritty account of someone dealing with OCD. It's heart-breakingly real and breaks the cliché of what you'd normally expect from a mental illness book.


9. Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict- Your guilty pleasure read.
Operation Prom Date- Cindi Madsen
This book is just an example of the guilty pleasure books I like to read: simplistic, cheesy romances. I like books like this because they're really easy to fall in to, super quick to read and they make my heart all warm and fuzzy. They may not be great pieces of literature with complex plots and characters but they're fun and really put me in a light and good mood.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I love that you did this! You've mentioned JLA's books a few times, and I'm starting to think I need to pick at least one up to give them a try after my TBR Challenge is complete. Also it's funny, I actually picked Anne Frank's Diary after trying to avoid writing The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, which I always pick AND read in its original language. Also, Am I Normal Yet? is now officially going on my TBR.
    Thanks for doing my tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read Jennifer L. Armentrout!! I'd recommend starting with Half Blood (the first book of the Covenant series) or Obsidian (the first book in the Lux series). Those are her best series
      xx

      Delete